Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops
I often prepare a double recipe of these tangy chops, then freeze half to keep on hand. They're so easy and taste so fresh, family and friends never guess this quick entree was frozen! —Susan Holderman, Fostoria, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup each ketchup, KC Masterpiece®, French salad dressing and honey
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops 2-3
- minutes on each side. Return all to pan.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Freeze option: Place pork chops in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring sauce and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 282 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.