Sweet 'n' Zesty Chicken Breasts
“On frosty winter nights, my husband and I love this delicious chicken served up with hot couscous and a veggie saute of zucchini, green peppers and sliced mushrooms,” suggests Jennifer Rahe from St. Cloud, Minnesota.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (2.4 ounces) tomato-basil soup mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken with onion in oil on both sides.
- Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, combine the water, soup
- mix, brown sugar and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring
- constantly. Return chicken and onion to pan. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over
- couscous if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without couscous) equals 452 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 825 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.