Sweet 'n' Sour Pockets
This recipe combines two great foods that are fabulous togetherham and pineapple. I first made these for a ladies luncheon and was asked many times for the recipe.
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 5 pita pocket breads (6 inches), halved
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 10 slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in pineapple. Fill each pita half with
- lettuce, ham, 2 tablespoons pineapple mixture, green pepper and
- onion. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 pockets equals 291 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,166 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.