Sweet 'n' Sour Curry Chicken
Carol Conrad, Edmonton, Alberta
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, tomatoes, green pepper,
- onion, chutney and curry powder. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours
- or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 314 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 583 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.