Sweet 'n' Nutty Fried Chicken
I came up with this recipe when I wanted to try something a little different. Everyone liked the golden crunchy coating.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups Special K cereal
- 1 cup honey crunch wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a food processor, combine the cereal, wheat germ, soup mix and
- pepper; process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Dip chicken in
- butter, then coat generously with cereal mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (14 ounces) equals 825 calories, 50 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 61 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.