Sweet & Spicy Peanuts
With a caramel-like coating, these crunchy peanuts have a touch of heat from the hot sauce. They make a tasty snack any time of day.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Place peanuts in a greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl,
- combine the sugars, water, butter, hot sauce and chili powder. Pour
- over peanuts. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours, stirring once.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/3 cup equals 284 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.