Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
The meat literally falls off the bones of these wings! Spice lovers will get a kick out of the big sprinkling of red pepper flakes. —Sue Bayless, Prior Lake, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Place
- chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken; stir until coated. Cover
- and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken wing equals 238 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as