Sweet & Spicy Apricot-Glazed Ham
This delicious ham from our Test Kitchen gets a spicy-sweet tang from its glaze, which also adds a sumptuous sheen to the meat. The zip from the mustard and subtle apricot flavor permeate every tender juicy slice. Count on this ham to entice company to the table and make a great impression with your dinner guests.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1/2 boneless fully cooked lean ham (4 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 2/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/4-in. deep. Insert a
- clove in each diamond. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting
- pan; pour ginger ale into pan. Loosely cover with foil. Bake at
- 325° for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the spreadable fruit, brown sugar, mustard
- and ginger; brush some over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer
- reads 140° and ham is heated through, brushing occasionally with
- glaze. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked ham with 1-1/2 teaspoons additional glaze) equals 182 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,200 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,