Sweet & Sour Chicken Wings
Enjoy these lip-smacking wings at Christmas parties, but keep the recipe in mind for your summertime cookouts, too. It's great year-round!
68 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 pounds frozen chicken wingettes and drumettes, thawed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Add the chicken wings; seal bag and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place wings in two greased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45
- minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 124 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer