Swedish Oatmeal Drops
A cousin of mine from Sweden shared this recipe while working as a cook in the U.S. I like these cookies because they adapt well to whatever nuts I have on hand.
33 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, pour butter over oats. Stir to coat; let stand for
- 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla; pour
- over oat mixture. Combine the flour, coconut, nuts and baking
- powder; gradually add to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden
- brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield:
- 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 135 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.