Swamp Juice a la Slime
The green goo oozing down the sides of the eerie wine glasses make this fruity beverage perfect for any Halloween party.
-Melisa Ann Beier, Howell, Michigan
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Green paste food coloring
- 5 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- Fresh pineapple slices, optional
- Refrigerate 10 champagne flutes or cocktail glasses until chilled. In
- a small bowl, combine corn syrup and green food coloring; dip rims
- of chilled glasses into mixture. Turn glasses upright, allowing
- mixture to slightly run down sides of glasses. Freeze until firm.
- In a pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, grape juice and yellow
- food coloring if desired. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir club soda into juice mixture. Pour juice
- into prepared glasses; garnish with pineapple if desired. Yield: 10
- servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 142 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.