When my grandchildren refused to eat yellow summer squash, I came up with this recipe, a tasty side dish for any meat. It's a lightly sweet, hearty stuffing that's a hit with kids and adults.Frances Tanner, Milledgeville, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups crumbles corn bread
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the squash and onion in butter until
- tender. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 40 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 319 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 1,020 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.