- For crumb topping, combine the bread crumbs, melted butter and
- reserved herb mixture; set aside.
- Split lobster tails in half lengthwise. With cut side up and using
- scissors, cut along the edge of shell to loosen the cartilage
- covering the tail meat from the shell; remove and discard cartilage.
- Place lobster tails on a baking sheet; top with reserved crumb
- topping. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until
- meat is firm and opaque and crumbs are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steaks with coarse pepper. In a large skillet
- over medium heat, cook steaks in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes on
- each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- Unwrap herb butter; cut four 1/4-in.-slices from log. Place one slice
- on each steak. Serve with lobster. Rewrap remaining butter;
- refrigerate for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 793 calories, 52 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 355 mg cholesterol, 1,289 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 69 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.