Supreme Spaghetti Salad
In Salem, Virginia, Wendy Byrd relies on bottled salad dressing to perk up pasta and fresh vegetables in this swift salad that costs 43¢ a serving. "It's a delicious addition to any meal or picnic," she relates.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 + chilling
- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti, broken into 4-inch pieces
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Salad Supreme Seasoning
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse in
- cold water. Place spaghetti in a large serving bowl. Add the
- remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 45 minutes.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 298 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.