Supreme Roast Beef
"This fix-and-forget roast is one of our family's favorite Sunday meals," says Jackie Holland of Gillette, Wyoming. "With just five ingredients, it's simple to prepare and leaves plenty of leftovers to enjoy later in the week."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 5 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 6 to 8 bay leaves
- Place onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Rub Worcestershire
- sauce and pepper over the roast. Place over the onion; top with bay
- leaves. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until
- meat reaches desired doneness.
- Discard bay leaves. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 301 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.