- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Add 1/2 cup
- confectioners' sugar; mix well. Add the vanilla, cream and remaining
- sugar; beat until frosting reaches desired consistency. Place one
- cooled cake layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the
- frosting. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with maraschino cherries and
- mint if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 505 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.