Sunshine Ice Cream Pie
Bonnie Polson of Moravia, Iowa shares this pretty, easy-to-make frozen dessert. "Many people tell me it tastes like the Dreamsicles they loved as children."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inches)
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons coconut, toasted
- Spread ice cream into crust; spread sherbet over ice cream. Freeze
- for at least 3 hours. Top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze. At
- least 30 minutes before serving, remove pie from freezer; arrange
- oranges on top and sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 303 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.