Sunshine Gelatin Mold
"I serve this cool, creamy gelatin on a bed of lettuce and it's always a big hit." A great way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Marge Nicol, Shannon, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Whisk in ice
- cream until melted. Stir in oranges and pineapple. Pour into a 6-cup
- ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 2 hours or
- until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 167 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.