Sunshine Chicken Wings
Many hands helped make our wedding day perfect. My aunts and cousins prepared the wonderful food. My husband, Jeff, and I and our guests enjoyed these finger-licking-good chicken wings. The zesty sauce was inspired by my uncle, Bill Gingerich.
15-20 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) orange marmalade
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 8 pounds whole chicken wings (about 40)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips.
- Dip wings into sauce and place on two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes, reversing pans once during baking.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days before
- serving. Keep warm in 6-qt. slow cooker. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 370 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.