"Preparing this recipe is the best way I know to make sure my family takes time for breakfast," comments Rose Koren of Bookfield, Illinois. "I just call out 'pizza's ready!' and amazingly everyone comes to the table."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepepr
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Place crust on a greased pizza pan. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter,
- cut out six circles from crust, evenly spaced and about 1 in. from
- edge. (Remove circles and save for another use.)
- Bread an egg into each hole. Sprinkle with the cheese, bacon, peppers
- and onion. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are
- completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 355 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 242 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.