Sunflower Strawberry Salad
We have an annual Strawberry Festival in our town, so recipes with strawberries are popular here. I've served this salad at luncheons and have always received a lot of compliments.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, apple, grapes, celery and
- raisins. Stir in the yogurt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
- hour. Add sunflower kernels and toss; serve on lettuce leaves if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free yogurt and unsalted sunflower seeds) equals 98 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.