Sunday Meat Loaf
I try to make special foods for my family. So I add this and that to recipes to create memorable meals. This meat loaf often appears on our Sunday dinner table. - Patricia Van Houten, Elkton, Kentucky
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with ketchup. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Using two large spatulas, carefully
- transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Yield: 10 servings.
If you open up a whole package of bacon but don't use it all at once, freeze strips in a single layer on a baking sheet. When frozen, transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Remove and thaw strips as needed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.