Sun-Dried Tomato Goat Cheese Spread
This simple spread combines sweet and savory sun dried tomatoes, tangy goat cheese, and fresh herbs to make a truly magnificent spread. This flavorful spread is perfect with a glass of red wine.Sarah Agrella, Mountain View, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, cubed
- Assorted crackers
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 teaspoons oil. In a small food processor,
- combine the garlic, basil and parsley. Cover and process until
- Add the goat cheese and reserved sun-dried tomatoes and oil. Cover
- and process until smooth. Chill until serving.
- Yield: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.