Sun-Dried Tomato Garlic Bread
This fast bread recipe tastes terrific with a variety of main courses. It comes together in minutes and is easy enough for a weekday, but special enough for a weekend meal with guests. —Nadine Mesch, Mount Healthy, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese, tomatoes and garlic.
- Spread over cut sides of bread. Transfer to an ungreased baking
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Cut
- into slices and serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 189 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.