- dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or
- flour if needed).
- In a small bowl, combine slivered tomatoes and boiling water. Let
- stand for 5 minutes; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Punch down. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 9-in. circle.
- Transfer to two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make 1/4-in. indentations in
- dough. Arrange tomato slivers and onion slices over dough; press
- down lightly. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled,
- about 30 minutes. Brush with oil. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes
- or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (8
- servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 135 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.