Summertime Green Beans
This recipe deliciously perks up plain green beans. This will soon become a favorite for your family!Leah Carrell, Quitman, Texas
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut beans into 1-1/4-in. pieces; place in a saucepan. Cover with
- water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium heat until
- crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Add onion, corn syrup, butter
- and salt. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 65 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.