Summer Vegetable Salad
"We're always looking for ways to use our garden produce in the summer, and this salad is great because you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. You'll love the dill dressing,."Mari Roseberry, Dunning, Nebraska
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrots, onion, tomatoes
- and zucchini. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour
- over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.