Summer Thyme Salad
“This is a quick and simple salad that's ideal for the summer,” says Barbara Stewart of Portland, Connecticut. It's also an excellent way to use up an abundance of garden produce.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without salt) equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.