Unlike many chilled soups, this one isn't pureed, so you'll find plenty of chunky vegetable bits in each spoonful. "The recipe is from a friend who serves this refreshing soup on hot summer days," notes Liz Fick of Litchville, North Dakota.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 95 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.