“This is a great meal by itself or equally refreshing as a side salad,” says Kristin Scharf of Portage, Indiana. Tart cranberries and dressing, tangy feta and crunchy pine nuts create an attractive blend.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup torn leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons prepared reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette
- In a small serving bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle
- with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 112 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.