Summer Garden Medley
"This colorful side dish brings back sweet memories of the corn-and-tomato dish my mother often prepared int the summer," pens Elaine Nelson, Fresno, California. "Farmers in our area supply us with delicious eggplant...so I sometimes substitute them for the zucchini in veggie recipes like this one."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini, corn, green pepper,
- leek and seasoned salt in oil until vegetables are tender. Stir in
- the tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 113 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.