Summer Cucumber Salad
Whenever I pack a picnic, this salad comes along. It's great with grilled entrees or sandwiches. In summer and fall, it's among my most requested side dishes. It keeps well in the refrigerator, so you can make it ahead of time.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, green pepper and
- onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lime juice,
- vinegar, dill, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
- 15 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 34 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.