Summer Avocado Salad
Garden-fresh veggies, creamy avocado and a sprinkling of feta cheese make this chunky salad a healthy summer standout! Shared by Deborah Williams of Peoria, Arizona.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and
- refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Add avocado; toss gently. Sprinkle
- with feta cheese. Serve immediately on lettuce-lined plates if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 227 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.