Sugarless Fruit/Nut Muffins
Once you've tasted these deliciously sweet, chewy gems, you'll be making them again and again. They freeze well, too, for a quick anytime snack!
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a saucepan, combine dates, raisins, plums and water. Bring to boil
- and boil 5 minutes. Stir in butter and salt. Set aside to cool. Add
- remaining ingredients to fruit; stir just until dry ingredients are
- moistened. Spoon into greased mini-muffin pans.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes (if desired, bake in a greased 11-in.
- x 7-in. baking pan for 30 minutes). Yield: 32 muffins.
Nutrition Facts: One mini-muffin equals 94 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.