"A friend gave me this delicious recipe 20 years ago, and I've made applesauce this way ever since," informs Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington. "We grow a lot of apples in this area and have fun putting this crop to good use."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 to 1 can (12 ounces) diet white soda
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook apples, soda and cinnamon until
- apples are tender, about 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 1 fruit; also 74 calories, 1 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 19 gm carbohydrate, trace protein, trace fat.