Sugarless Apple Pie
The natural goodness of fresh apples comes through in delightful Sugarless Apple Pie. "It's an old-fashioned treat everyone can savor," assures Arlene Taylor of Lacey, Washington.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 40 min.
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 large)
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; let stand for 15
- minutes. Stir and pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-50
- minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cover edges with foil
- during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit; also, 195 calories, 63 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 32 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 8 gm fat.