I often bring these with me to either a shower or receptions. They are different then a tray of cookies and disappear quickly.Brenda Osborne, Cleveland, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°
- for 5 minutes or until heated through. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, cinnamon and
- salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, without stirring,
- until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage). Remove
- from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add warm walnuts; toss to coat.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; separate with a
- fork. Cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 4 cups.