When my husband and I moved from Oklahoma to Rio Grande Valley in Texas years ago, I gained an appreciation for a variety of fresh vegetables. This tasty recipe is a simple way to dress up one of our favoritesasparagus!
Billie Moss, El Sobrante, California
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat butter and brown sugar
- until sugar is dissolved. Add asparagus; saute for 2 minutes. Stir
- in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Remove asparagus to a serving dish and keep warm. Cook sauce,
- uncovered, until reduced by half. Pour over asparagus. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 88 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.