Curry combined with sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg fabulously flavors pecans.
44 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 egg whites
- 2 pounds pecan or walnut halves
- In a large resealable bag, combine the sugar and seasonings; set
- aside. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy; fold in the
- nuts. Transfer to the bag; seal and shake to coat evenly.
- Place nuts in a single layer in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1-1/2 hours, stirring every 30
- minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight
- containers. Yield: 2-3/4 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 170 calories, 15 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.