Sugar-Topped Walnut Bars
If I haven't set out these nutty treats at a holiday gathering, family and friends are sure to noticeand to ask where my bars are! They travel well to potluck dinners. Gloria Siddiqui, Houston, Texas
72 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely ground walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Beat in butter and egg yolks.
- Press into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the walnuts, sugar
- and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 300° for 55-60 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into
- bars. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 83 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.