This old-fashioned sugar glaze gives your ham a pretty, golden-brown coating just like Grandma used to make. The mustard and vinegar complement the brown sugar and add tangy flavor. Be prepared to serve seconds!
Carol Strong Battle
10-14 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Score ham about 1/2-in. deep with a sharp knife. Place ham on a rack
- in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours
- or until a thermometer reads 140°.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and enough vinegar
- to make a thick paste. During the last hour of baking, brush glaze
- on ham every 15 minutes. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 ounces) equals 284 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,110 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer