Sugar-Free Cocoa Mix
Here's a delicious winter warmer-upper featuring a tasty blend of cinnamon and cocoa. Louise Clough of West Fork, Arkansas shared the recipe. Keep the cocoa mix on hand to enjoy on cold winter days...or package it in a pretty tin and give it as a gift.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup fat-free powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients; mix well. Store in an
- airtight container in a cool dry place for up to six months. Yield:
- 2-3/4 cups (about 8 servings).
- To prepare hot cocoa: Dissolve 1/3 cup mix in 1 cup boiling water;
- stir well. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup prepared hot cocoa) equals 101 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat-free milk.