Sugar Cookie Tarts
Barb White, Ligonier, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 large sugar cookies (3 inches)
- Assorted fresh fruit
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine 3 tablespoons sugar,
- cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in the water, orange juice and
- lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth.
- Spread over each cookie; arrange fruit on top. Drizzle with glaze.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.