"It's impossible to stop snacking on these sweet crispy nuts, so I make several batches over the holidays in order to keep a supply on hand," Carol Crowley, West Haven, Connecticut, admits.
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Add pecans and toss
- until well coated. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pecans
- and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on an ungreased baking
- Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until browned, stirring
- occasionally. Cool on waxed paper. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 142 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.