With its mild flavor, tender squash is easy to blend into recipes to please the palates of picky eaters.Suzanne Zick, Osceola, Arkansas
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut or acorn squash
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed herb-seasoned stuffing, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the squash, soup, sour cream, onion, carrot, salt
- and pepper. Sprinkle 1 cup of stuffing into a greased 1-1/2-qt.
- baking dish. Top with squash mixture and remaining stuffing; drizzle
- with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 206 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.