"This is one of my mother's most popular recipes," explains Dorothy Parrish, Kenly, North Carolina. "We love it when she served these well-seasoned meatballs with sauce over spaghetti or egg noodles," she suggests.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- In a bowl, combine beef and stuffing mix. Shape into 1-in. balls. In
- a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs in oil in small
- batches; drain. Return all meatballs to the pan; add spaghetti
- sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8
- minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 317 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.