- minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover
- and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Shape into a large round loaf. Place on a greased
- baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- a wire rack to cool.
- To make stuffing, cut cooled bread into 1-in. slices and then into
- cubes. Let stand for 24 hours to dry. In a large bowl, combine the
- bread cubes, eggs, butter and enough broth to achieve desired
- moistness. Stir to blend. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes
- longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: Stuffing may be used to stuff a turkey, chicken or pork roast by substituting 3/4 cup egg substitute for eggs.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 348 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.