Stuffed Sweet Potato Casserole
Delight guests with little individual casseroles baked right inside the potato shell. Marshmallows and caramel ice cream topping make them irresistible. —Pauline Dettrey, Monument, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender,
- turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop
- out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp
- with caramel topping and butter. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on baking sheets; sprinkle with marshmallows and pecans. Broil
- 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are
- golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed potato half equals 265 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.