Stuffed Steak Rolls
These hearty beef rolls don't require a lot of fussthey just look like they do. Use a boxed stuffing mix or leftover stuffing for the filling, then top with a tasty sauce full of onion and green pepper. Serve with frozen California blend vegetables and lemon bars as shown at top right...or steamed fresh asparagus and strawberry mousse for dessert.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup prepared stuffing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 beef cubed steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil
- until crisp-tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Combine stuffing and cheese; spoon onto the center of the steaks.
- Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In the same skillet, cook steak rolls until browned. Combine water
- and bouillon; stir in chili sauce and vegetable mixture. Pour over
- steak rolls. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink, occasionally spooning sauce over rolls. Remove
- toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 444 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,335 mg sodium,