Stuffed Pork Chops
I used to make these chops for our three children when they were growing up. Now they've become special at our restaurant and are often requested for banquets. Everything on our menu, which features steaks, seafood, chicken, pasta and burger, is made to order from scratch, using fresh ingredients.Linda Martin, Bartlett, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups day-old French bread cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- In a skillet, brown the pork chops in oil. Place chops in an
- ungreased shallow baking pan. Toss bread cubes, butter, broth,
- celery, onion and poultry seasoning. Mound about 1/2 cup stuffing on
- each pork chop.
- Combine soup and water; pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices
- run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160° to 170°. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 447 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium,